Total Pageviews

Tuesday 15 May 2012

Vintage Children's Book Records


This is my children's collection of vintage book records. My husband was very clever as to rip the vinyl 45s onto one CD disc. This way there are no scratched records or assistance needed by the young ones with a turntable. The truth is, we have expensive DJ turntables the children are not allowed to touch! The recording also captures the static, crackling, old record sound.

The earliest record book we own is the Saggy Baggy Elephant, a Little Golden Book & Record. MCMXLVII, 1947. I did have to renew my roman numeracy skills, I must admit!


Here is a vintage 1970s Fisher Price Children's turntable. I remember being envious of the family across the road who owned a Fisher Price turntable.

 Maybe you too are old enough to feel nostalgia for vintage record books!

No comments:

Post a Comment